Our feature, Goal Tracking, helps you track how a campaign affects your visitors in relation to specific goals you set up for your website.
Setting up a goal is a simple task. Here’s how:
- Log into your account and go to the "Goal" page in the menu to the left.
- Click "Create Goal".
- Give your goal a name and add one or more "Pattern URL". If you want to track how many people see a campaign and end up making a purchase later during their visit, the pattern URL should be the URL where customers land after making a purchase*.
- Save the goal.
- Go to the campaign for which you would like to add the goal and click "Edit campaign".
- Go to the "Settings" page for your campaign and click "Setup goal tracking" in the bottom of the page.
- Now you can enable the goal(s) you would like to track for this campaign by clicking "Activate goal". You can also create a new goal here if you haven't already created one.
- Click “Back to settings” and save your campaign.
- As soon as your campaign starts collecting new data, you will see the goal statistics under your sleeknote on the "My campaign"-page:
A goal is specific for a domain and not for a campaign. This means you can use the same goal for several campaigns.
*Note, however, that a goal can only run on one domain and cannot track across multiple domains.