What is the tracking code?
The tracking code is what makes your Sleeknote campaigns work on your site. In other words, your campaigns won’t show on your domain until you add the tracking code to your site.
Do I have multiple tracking codes?
The short answer: No.
When you sign up for a Sleeknote account, we automatically generate a unique tracking code for you. That tracking code is tied to your account. So, no matter how many domains or campaigns you have, you’ll only use that tracking code. 😌
If you want to show campaigns on multiple domains, make sure to add the tracking code to all your domains.
Where can I find my tracking code?
Go to your Sleeknote Dashboard and visit the “Tracking Code” tab.
Here you’ll find your unique tracking code that you can easily copy by using the button below.
Implementing your tracking code
Once you copied your Sleeknote script, you need to paste it into your site. (No worries, you only need to do this once. 😌)
There are different ways you can implement the code on your site, depending on your CMS or tag manager.
Implementation via CMS Platforms
If you’re using one of the CMS platforms below, click the link to read how you can quickly add your tracking code:
Google Tag Manager
If you’re using Google Tag Manager, there are two ways you can add the Sleeknote tag to your account: use a template or custom tag.
Import Tag Template
To use this option, first, go to your “Account” tab and find your Sleeknote Account ID:
1. Use the “New Tag” menu in Google Tag Manager, and begin configuration by choosing a tag type.
2. Go to “Community Template Gallery” under “Choose tag type”.
3. Find Sleeknote in the list of community templates.
4. Click “Add to Workspace”.
5. Paste your Sleeknote Account ID into the relevant field and make sure the tag is triggered on all pages.
6. Save and exit. That’s it! 🚀
Custom HTML Tag
Alternatively, you can add the Sleeknote tag as a custom tag.
- Use the “New Tag” menu in Google Tag Manager, and begin configuration by choosing a tag type.
2. Choose the tag type “Custom HTML”.
3. Paste your Sleeknote tracking code into the field and make sure the tag is triggered on all pages.
4. Save and exit. You’re all set. 😉
If you’re not using Google Tag Manager or an e-commerce platform, simply paste your tracking code into your website header before the closing </head> tag.