What is Multistep?
Multistep is a unique type of Collect Email Addresses campaign that helps you collect data from your visitors in multiple steps.
In other words, unlike regular Sleeknote campaigns, multistep campaigns consist of two form steps (Form I and Form II) that you can customize separately.
With multistep campaigns, you can collect more information about your new leads, without hurting your conversion rates.
Multistep is ideal for enriching lead data with more visitor information, such as gender, birthday, country, phone number, or interests, that you can use for segmentation.
Here’s a multistep campaign example from our blog:
👨🍳 Need inspiration for how to use multistep campaigns on your website? Check out this step-by-step recipe.
How to Create a Multistep Campaign
- Log in to your Sleeknote account and click “Create New Campaign”.
- Enter your domain, give your campaign a name, and click “Continue”.
3. Choose the campaign type “Collect Email Addresses”.
4. Select one of our existing templates that are marked as “multistep”...
...or choose a blank multistep template and create a campaign from scratch.
5. Decide where on the page you want to show your campaign and continue.
6. Customize every element of your campaign freely, starting from Form I.
🚨 Note: Email address input field must always be in the first form step.
7. Add or remove input fields to Form II as you wish.
😌 Hint: Even if visitors leave the form without filling the second step, their email address will still be saved and sent to your email service provider (ESP).
8. Customize the rest of your campaign (such as your Teaser and Success Step) as much or as little as you need.
9. Set up triggers and targeting options for your campaign.
10. Set up your ESP integration and activate your campaign. 👏
ℹ️ The following ESPs currently support multistep campaigns: Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, ActiveCampaign, HubSpot, dotdigital, Klaviyo, Salesforce, Drip, Smartweb, Apsis, Heyloyalty, MarketingPlatform, Peytz, APSIS One, Segment, Custom Integration, and Basic Authentication.