If you want to welcome new Sleeknote signups to your email list, you can set up a simple automation in your ActiveCampaign account that only sends to contacts who signed up through a Sleeknote campaign.
How to Set up a Welcome Email/Series in ActiveCampaign
- First, you need to create a new custom text field in ActiveCampaign to identify where your signups are coming from, e.g. a field called “Signup Source”. (Read this guide to learn how to create a new custom field in ActiveCampaign.)
- Log into your Sleeknote account, and find the Sleeknote campaign you use to collect email addresses. (If you have more than one, you will need to follow steps 3-7 for all of them.)
- Go to the integration step, where you’ve set up your ActiveCampaign integration. (If you haven’t set up your integration yet, see this guide.)
- Scroll down to “Map Additional Data” and check the box that says “Want to send custom data?”:
5. Write your identifier value in the input field to the left. It’s up to you what you call this, but make sure it’s something that tells you where these signups come from. (In this case, we would call it Sleeknote).
6. Then select your new field from the dropdown to the right (you might have to click “Refresh fields” to update the dropdown with your new field).
7. Save your integration, and save your Sleeknote campaign. Now, all new signups from this Sleeknote campaign will get this data transferred with them to ActiveCampaign.
8. Log into your ActiveCampaign account and click “Automations” in the menu to the left:
9. Click the “Create an automation” button:
10. Select “Start from scratch” and click “Continue”:
11. Select “Subscribes to a list” and click “Continue”:
12. Select the list you have integrated your Sleeknote campaign with, and mark the checkbox that says “Segment the contacts entering this automation”:
13. Find your field that identifies where your signups come from. In this case, we created a field named Signup Source. Select “Is” and then enter the identifier value you used in your Sleeknote integration in Step 5. Click “Add Start”:
14. Then, a new modal box should appear on your screen, where you can choose your next action. (If it doesn’t appear automatically, just hit the + button below you start trigger.) Click “Conditions and Workflow” and select “Wait”:
15. Select “Wait for a specific period of time” and then set it to wait 5 minutes and hit “Save”. (This will ensure all the data from your Sleeknote campaign has been transferred to ActiveCampaign before you send your first email.)
16. Click the + button below your new wait condition and select “Send an email” under “Sending Options”:
17. Click “Create an email” and follow the steps to create your welcome email.
18. Now you can add more emails to your automation if you want to:
19. When you’re done adding emails to your automation, click the + button below your last action, and select “End this automation” under “Conditions and Workflow”:
20. Give your automation a name, save it, and activate it in the top right corner:
Now, every contact that signs up to your list via Sleeknote, will receive your welcome email/series.