Whenever a visitor signs up through your campaigns, we send this event to Google Tag Manager. In your Google Tag Manager, you can easily use this Sleeknote event as a trigger to fire other tags, such as LinkedIn or Google Ads Conversion Tracking.
The event we send is always called “SleeknoteSubscriber”. All you need to do is to set SleeknoteSubscriber as your trigger, regardless of the variables you set.
Here’s how it works:
- Set up a tag you want to fire when someone signs up through your Sleeknote campaigns.
- Add “Custom Event” as a trigger and call it “SleeknoteSubscriber”.
- Save and publish your new tag.
Check this quick video to see an example in action 🤓
How to Find Variables for the Sleeknote Event [Advanced]
If you want to use a specific variable that is sent with the Sleeknote event (such as the signup page,) follow these steps to find them:
- Click “Preview” at the top of your Google Tag Manager account.
- Now you’ll see a debug console at the bottom of your browser.
- Go to your site and sign up through one of your Sleeknote campaigns. This action will fire the SleeknoteSubscriber event.
- Click that event and go to the “Data Layer” tab. Here you can see all the variables that are sent with the Sleeknote event.
Now you can use those variables in your Google Tag Manager. 🚀