What is Multistep?
Multistep is a unique type of Collect Email Addresses campaign that helps you collect data from your visitors in multiple steps.
In other words, unlike regular Sleeknote campaigns, multistep campaigns consist of multiple form steps that you can customize separately.
With multistep campaigns, you can collect more information about your new leads, without hurting your conversion rates.
Multistep is ideal for enriching lead data with more visitor information, such as gender, birthday, country, phone number, or interests, that you can use for segmentation.
Here’s a multistep campaign example from our blog:
How to Create a Multistep Campaign
1. Log in to your Sleeknote account and click “Create New Campaign”.
2. Enter your domain, give your campaign a name, and click “Continue”.
3. Choose the campaign type “Collect Email Addresses”.
4. Select one of our existing templates that are marked as “multistep”...
...or choose a blank multistep template and create a campaign from scratch.
5. Decide where on the page you want to show your campaign and continue.
6. Customize every element of your campaign freely, starting from Step 1.
🚨 Note: Email address input field must always be in the first form step.
7. Add or remove input fields to Step 2 as you wish, and add more steps if needed.
😌 Hint: Even if visitors leave the form without filling the second step, their email address will still be saved and sent to your email service provider (ESP).
10. Set up your ESP integration and activate your campaign. 👏
⚠️The following ESPs currently support multistep campaigns: Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, ActiveCampaign, HubSpot, dotdigital, Klaviyo, Salesforce, Drip, Smartweb, Apsis, Heyloyalty, MarketingPlatform, Peytz, APSIS One, Segment, Custom Integration, and Basic Authentication.